Week 8 Assignment – The Convergence of Health Care Financing and Economic Trends and Forces
In this assignment you will examine how economic evaluation and value judgments are used for the valuation and financing of health care services. Health care funding and finance models have changed over time and continue to change in an effort to provide affordable, quality health care. Market factors, payment mechanisms, government regulations, and national trends affect U.S. health care financing and funding models. You will develop a PowerPoint presentation to assess health care funding and finance models, and the variables that affect the economic evaluation and value judgments used to develop those models.
Prepare a 10–15-slide PowerPoint presentation with detailed scholarly speaker notes in which you:
- Critique five types of economic analysis applied in the economic evaluation of health services.
- Evaluate how socially optimal outcomes are used to determine value judgments for the allocation of resources in terms of populations covered, services included, financing arrangements, reimbursement strategies, and economic competition policies.
- Differentiate current health care financing and funding models applied in private, government, and public funding for health care delivery in the United States.
- Critique how national trends in health care funding and regulatory changes affect competition and pricing initiatives for health care systems in the United States.
- Analyze how primary quality pointers at the neighborhood level affect medical coverage valuations and provider reimbursements.
- Use at least four sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."