Prior to beginning work on this video presentation, read Plea and Charge Bargaining: Research Summary
Prior to beginning work on this video presentation, read Plea and Charge Bargaining: Research Summary and The Unnecessary Evil of Plea Bargaining: An Unconstitutional Conditions Problem and a Not-So-Least Restrictive Alternative. Additionally, watch Due Process: Lets Make a Deal: The Plea Bargain (Aired 12/9/12).
Well over 90% of criminal cases in the United States are concluded through a plea bargaina significant number of those for the crime initially charged (the defendant does not plead guilty to a lesser crime than charged). As future criminal justice professionals, it is important for you to fully understand the purposes, goals, and procedures for plea agreements. In this video presentation, weigh the significance of plea bargains and the impact eliminating them would have upon the criminal justice system. Pay close attention to the limited role that judges play in plea bargains. Choose your side wisely; you will be defending your position in your video!
Prepare a two- to three-minute video presentation with detailing the following information:
- Explain the plea bargaining process.
- List the elements of a valid plea bargain.
- Define the role of a judge in the plea bargaining process.
- Create and provide an opinion on whether plea bargaining is a benefit to the United States criminal justice system and why.
- If you are in favor of continuing plea bargaining, address arguments against its continued prevalence.
- If you are against continuing plea bargaining, address arguments for its continued prevalence.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."