For this assessment, youll be focusing on forensic science and profiling. Understanding the intricacies of
For this assessment, youll be focusing on forensic science and profiling. Understanding the intricacies of forensic science can be extremely helpful on the job, especially as it forms the basis for most criminal prosecutions and many civil litigation cases.
As a criminal investigator in a police department, imagine that you are investigating a series of crimes that appear to be committed by the same person. You have been asked to consult on the creation of a criminal profile of the unknown suspect. You will need to research and analyze what is needed for the criminal profile and provide this information to the task force investigating the case.
Select one of the two options:
- Select one of the case studies from Serial murder in America: case studies of seven offenders from the University Library.
- Find your own criminal profile to use. Keep in mind that it can be a local criminal profile and it does not have to be a serial murderer. Focus on finding a profile of a criminal that appears to be committing a series of crimes.
Write a 1,200- to 1,400-word criminal profile analysis based on your chosen criminal profile or case study.
Provide the following in the analysis:
- -Define criminal profiling.
- -Explain the purpose of a behavioral profile in criminal cases.
- -Contrast inductive and deductive analysis.
- -Explain the key factors.
- -Discuss the reliability and validity of a profile.
- -Analyze the forensic science used in this case.
- -Provide an analysis of the criminal behavior or profile of the suspect.
- -Evaluate and summarize the findings in the case.
Literature Reference Requirement
Please cite two correct APA formatted literature references supporting what you are saying.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."